Picture the sweet, sweet sound as that needle hits the vinyl and you start to enjoy a full-fidelity listening experience. It’s as if you’re right there in the recording room with the band, or the garage, as you’d like to imagine. Just as the artist intended.
For all the vinyl-lovers in Victoria, Record Store Day hits every local record shop on Saturday, April 18, 2015. It’s an annual event that brings 7am line-ups to our streets and wide-eyed collectors to nab that one-of-a-kind piece.
Once you purchase your new records (from local Ditch Records, Lyle’s Place, Turntable Records, Gordies Music, Vinyl Envy, Cavity, Supreme Echo, Q Electronic Services or Talk’s Cheap), you can bring them over to Fort Tectoria to test them out on the stunning, 1970s stereo prize and enjoy coffee from Ground Control Cafe (Open at 7:30am). From 10am to 4pm The Zone @91.3FM will be broadcasting live in Ground Control Cafe, giving away prizes like a pair of tickets to Rock the Shores and accepting entries for this beaut-of-a-prize-package, all while amping you up for the unforgettable evening ahead…
This is a FREE, 19+ event. You just have to be an awesome person that loves music both in analog format and smack-dab, right-in-front-of-your-face at an intimate venue in the heart of downtown. There may be a bouncer at the door ensuring you fit this criteria. Capacity will be tight so get there early to ensure you get in. Local beer, cider and snacks will be for sale. All around, good times to be had.
Don’t miss this rare gathering of friends and talent. It might become tradition, but you need to help make it a part of our history first. See you there… 777 Fort Street.
PRIZE PACKAGE DETAILS:
A 1970s low wattage hifi set-up with:
- Receiver: Pioneer SX-626 c.1972. 27 watts per channel into 8 ohms, 30 watts per channel into 4 ohms. All boards except for the tuner sections have been recently recapped with Nichicon capacitors. New dial and meter lights.
- Speakers: “The New Advent Loudspeaker” from Advent c.1978. Two-way, 8 ohm speakers. Woofers recently refoamed. Considered classics!
- Turntable: Dual 506 c.1979 with Ortofon OM cartridge. Belt drive.
- Also includes: speaker wires, and FM antenna.
- And, 30+ records from The Zone@91.3FM to play on this incredible machine…
INSTANT RECORD COLLECTION:
- Coldplay – Ghost Stories
- Broken Bells – After The Disco
- The Black Keys – Turn Blue
- Current Swell – Ulysses
- Tame Impala – Lonerism
- PUP – S/T
- Jordan Klassen – Repentance
- Megan Bonnell – Hunt and Chase
- Royal Canoe – Today We’re Believers
- Young The Giant – Mind Over Matter
- Foster The People – Supermodel
- Hollerado – White Paint
- Nirvana – MTV Unplugged in New York
- Soundgarden – Badmotorfinger
- The Black Keys – El Camino
- Tegan and Sara – Heartthrob
- Kings Of Leon – Mechanical Bull
- Arcade Fire – Reflektor
- Weird Party – Mellow Funk Vol. 1
- Alt-J – This Is All Yours
- The Rural Alberta Advantage – Mended With Gold
- Cold War Kids – Hold My Home
- Plants And Animals – Light Show / I’ll Believe In Anything
- Death From Above 1979 – The Physical World
- Led Zeppelin – I
- Led Zeppelin – II
- Led Zeppelin – III
- Led Zeppelin – Physical Graffiti
- AC/DC – Rock Or Bust
- Modest Mouse – Strangers To Ourselves